Thursday 12 November 2015

Fireworks!

Like all animals, fireworks can be very scary for guinea pigs! I think this is a bit late because it was only just bonfire night and I missed the opportunity to post this but on nights like New Year's Eve that are coming up then this could be important...

(image from Google)
With Toffee being an indoor guinea pig, however, it is much easier to protect her from being scared of the fireworks.
This bonfire night, I put quite a thick blanket over her cage top (obviously leaving space for her to breath!), I then closed my windows and curtains so that the noise was muffled out a little.

Because of Toffee's age, she is going a little bit deaf so she isn't really bothered about them anymore but I always do this just incase. I also checked on her every so often which may be a good idea for you to do too :)

Although I don't know much about outdoor guineas, it is important that when there are a lot of fireworks that you bring them inside or close the doors of the garage, shed or wherever you keep them. 


Thank you for reading! If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or posts that would like me to do then please let me know via the comments section! 

Miss Issippi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, please let me know your thoughts or questions on this topic! If you have any thoughts or questions regarding anything else to do with my blog, then please feel free to use the contact form!